Healthy Facts & Tips for People with Primary Immunodeficiency
Maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle could help you ease the symptoms of your primary immunodeficiency (PI) and enjoy every day to the fullest.
- Avoid alcohol: Say no to alcohol. It can have a negative effect on your liver, putting you at greater risk overall. Choose non-alcoholic drinks instead, which taste very similar to the ones that contain alcohol.
- Do not smoke: Studies have shown that patients with PI have a greater risk for lung damage or lung related diseases. Smoking can only harm your health and increase your chances of lung damage.
- Keep a diary: Keep notes on your symptoms, triggers, thing you should avoid, and things that you should do. This will help you track and manage your symptoms better.
- Be your own advocate: No one knows your body, symptoms and condition better than you do. Hold on to the advice your doctor gives you, but remember that you are in charge of your health!
- Wash your hands often
- Review notices about infectious disease exposure
- Have regular dental visits
- Avoid non-purified water
- Do not share water bottles with other people
- Keep a healthy and balanced nutrition program
- Make healthy food choices
- Avoid processed foods
- Take nutritional advice from an expert
Are you or a loved one living with Primary Immunodeficiency (PI)? Contact us today and see if you qualify for our clinical research study on PI today!